A non-solvent based alternative to install rubber and vinyl stair treads and cove risers to concrete, wood, terrazzo, metal or marble. One gallon covers 75 linear feet of stair treads (brush on back of tread and step). Ready to use in 1 quart, 1 gallon and 4 gallon containers. 4 gallon containers must ship via motor freight.
Please call to order.
PLEASE NOTE ADHESIVE IS NOT RETURNABLE.
- 300 has a light tan in color and a very mild latex-resin odor
- Latex resin emulation
- Open time 15-30 minutes (varies with temperature and humidity)
- Freeze-thaw stable to 10 degrees F. (if frozen allow to thaw at room temperature over a period of 24 to 48 hours and DO NOT STIR during this time)
- Shelf-life: one year from date of manufacture in an unopened container.
- Clean-up: Wet, warm water & detergent. Dry. Safety Solvent (check solvent’s compatibility with stair tread material first)
- Provide adequate ventilation during use.
R.C. Musson products are manufactured to rigid quality control specifications and warranted to be free of defects. Defective product brought to our attention within one year of manufacture will be replaced at no charge to our customers. User shall determine suitability of the product. User assumes all risk and liability in connection with use of this product. Seller shall not be liable for any injury, loss damage arising out of use of the product. This product is intended for use only by professional flooring installers.Recommended uses:
Musson 300 is specifically formulated for the installation of rubber and vinyl stair treads over properly prepared substrates including smooth, structurally sound plywood underlayment, metal and concrete.Installation recommendations:
1. Stair Treads and adhesive must be stored in a climate controlled area where the air and sub-floor temperature are between 65⁰ and 95⁰F for 24 hours before, during and after the installation.
2. Sub-floor surfaces must be flat, clean, dry and free of dust, dirt, paint, oils, waxes, sealers and curing or parting agents and any other substances that may interfere with the bond. Porous substrates must be primed with a compatible acrylic latex primer. Metal stairs must be degreased using a low residue solvent. Concrete sub-floors must be fully cured, free of excessive moisture emissions. Sub-floor must have pH of 7-9.
3. Using a brush or roller apply Musson 300 to the substrate and to back of the tread. Yield approximately 75-80 sq. ft. per gallon (double coat application). More than one coat may be necessary on porous substrates. Allow adhesive to tack for up to 30 minutes before placement of treads.
4. Thoroughly roll treads in place with a hand roller to ensure adhesive contact.
5. Restrict foot traffic for at least 24 hours and DO NOT move heavy objects on carts over finished stair treads for at least 48 hours.
CAUTION: Extreme care should be used when placing stair treads as bonding is immediate upon contact.
*Determining whether the sub-floor is porous or non-porous is the responsibility of the user. You can check the sub-floor by placing two drops of water in several areas across the sub-floor. The sub-floor is porous if the water is absorbed within a few seconds. If the water beads and is not absorbed within a few seconds the sub-floor is non-porous.